INSPECTING YOUR SHIPMENT
- All Fornace Brioni tiles are made by hand, therefore slight variations in thickness, depth, color, shade and size to be expected.
- Dust and residue from shipping should be cleaned prior to installing. This can be done with a damp sponge or microfiber cloth.
- clé strongly recommends having a professional with installation experience install your tile.
- Due to the slight color and shade variations, it is very important to blend the tiles from all boxes once they arrive and place them in their installation area to ensure you have the layout you want before installing.
- Prior to installation, dampen the tiles before setting by quickly wetting them on both sides with a sponge. Tile that is installed dry will pull moisture from the mortar causing it to cure prematurely, which will cause adhesion issues.
- Important: The tiles will need to be back buttered with thinset to help with adhesion. Please note this will increase the drying time before grouting.
- Refer to the current edition of the TCNA Handbook for detailed installation methods for your project’s needs and ANSI A137:1 American National Standard Specifications for Ceramic Tile to reference for specifications.
- clé only recommends the use of Miracle 511 Porous Plus for an invisible sealant finish.
- We recommend using a waterproofing, penetrating sealer (Miracle Sealant 511 Porous Plus) to seal the tile surface and grouted lines - before and after grouting, for installations that may come into contact with water or other liquid.
- In wet areas (backsplashes and showers) both tiles and grouted areas must be sealed as the final step of installation.
- If water and oil drops bead up on the surface of the tile after they have been sealed according to manufacturer’s instructions, your tiles are properly sealed.
- If your contractor is having any issues or questions regarding this sealant, please have them reach out to Miracle tech support directly at 1-877-385-8155 as they are the best and fastest line of resolution.
- PLEASE FOLLOW ALL MIRACLE SEALANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEST RESULTS as well as MAINTENANCE UPKEEP RECOMMENDATIONS.*
- clé ONLY recommends Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA grout to reduce the risk of grout haze and staining. Make sure to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Letting the grout sit for even a short period of time can be problematic.
- Grouting is generally not done for dry applications of Rocaille tiles but if you prefer to grout, you will need to finger grout them due to the shape and depth of the tile.
- A grout bag can be used to fill the grout joints, but you will still need to pack the grout in with your fingers.
- If you are using the tiles in a wet application, grouting is required. You will need to seal prior to finger grouting and then seal the grout lines.
- We recommend using 1/16” wedge spacers or butt joint.
- If your contractor is having any issues or questions regarding this grout, please reach out to Maipei tech support directly at 1-800-992-6273 as they are the best and fastest line of contact.
- Staining is only a problem when using a grout other than Maipei Ultracolor Plus FA.
- Should your contractor choose to use another brand of grout other than Mapei Ultracolor Plus FA, be aware that the dyes used to pigment most grouts will stain the tile.
- If your contractor opts to use a different grout or sealant brand we are not able to provide advice on failures.
- Important: During grout application, immediately remove any excess grout off the face of the tile with a clean, damp cloth/sponge. If grout is allowed to cure on the face of the tile it could cause grout haze and staining due to the porous nature of the tile.
- Single coat reapplication of the penetrating sealant is required once a year in shower applications due to the continuous exposure to water. Please refer to a professional for this.
- Check with the Miracle Sealant tech support directly at 1-877-385-8155 for best advice on maintaining sealants.
- Immediately clean up spills - do not allow liquids to sit on the tile surface. Excess liquid can stain, pit and crack tile.
- Interior wall installations can be cleaned with a pH neutral cleaner or warm water and a damp microfiber cloth or sponge.
- Grout lines can be cleaned with warm water and a non-metal bristled cleaning brush.
- Always avoid harsh chemicals and acidic or alkaline products.