hand lithographed tiles
Thank you for ordering our clé lithographed tile. Each of your tiles is carefully hand crafted by our tile artisans to create a decorative tile surface for projects including all wall surfaces (interior and exterior) and light interior residential floors.* clé recommends the following installation and maintenance guidelines.
GENERAL INSTALLATION TIPS-
- For patterns lithographed on stone, a wide grout joint is NOT recommended. A tight grout joint will insure that the artwork has a continuous design flow. For designs lithographed on porcelain, a moderate (1/4” – 3/8”) grout joint is recommended.
- DO NOT USE TAPE during product installation, or otherwise. We cannot guarantee our products safety against various construction tapes- INCLUDING BLUE TAPE.
- During installation, only soft cloths are recommended for cleaning the tile surface as well as for ongoing maintenance.
- clé lithographed tiles are only recommended for light residential floor installations.
- The tiles must be level with the surrounding tile. Any portion of the tile that sits above the leveled plane of the floor will be exposed to excessive ware.
- Our top coat kit (matte)is required for use on floor installations using lithographed tiles to protect then against excess wear and tear.
- Avoid using any cleaners that are not neutral Ph. This includes vinegar, and Simple Green products.
- We require only the use of mild soap and water, and soft cloths. As with any finely decorated ceramic or stone product, clé warns against the use of any surface cleansers or scrubbing pads. especially during the installation process.
*For kitchen backsplashes or light residential floors, we recommend the purchase and application of clé top coat kit (matte).