The Architect's Palette is an edited collection of elongated planks of italian terracotta tile. Coated in a silky matte finish these hand-hewn tiles are made of traditional, rustic Italian clay and are available in four architect-honed hues.
General Usage: Interior wall, interior flooring for light traffic areas, kitchen, backsplash, shower wall, external fireplace, hospitality, commercial, residential
Nominal 2.25"x 12"x ⅝”
Architect’s Palette tiles shall be selected by the architect/designer/owner from manufacturer’s standard sizes, shapes and glazes.
Note: Interior/Exterior Specification - Architect’s Palette tiles are not freeze thaw rated but are otherwise acceptable for exterior applications. In wet applications the grout line will need to be sealed if a waterproof grout is not used.
A lead time of 2 - 4 weeks is sufficient in most cases, but when shown as out of stock, the lead-time can be up to 8 weeks.
Color and Texture Variation
V1 (lowest variation), T2 (light texture)
Installation methods should conform to the Tile Council of America “Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation” (current edition). Tiles from several different cartons should be mixed to achieve the best overall blend. Follow the manufacturer’s specifications.
Architect’s Palette Installation recommendations-
- Architect’s Palette tiles should be dry cut to avoid enhancing the crazed finish of the glaze.
- Tiles should be sealed before and after grouting with a penetrating sealer like Miracle 511 Porous Plus.
- A like-colored non-staining grout is recommended.
- Do not use dark grouts for lighter glazes of the Architect's Palette, as they may stain the matte glaze.
- Any grout haze left by Mapei Flexcolor CQ can be removed with Mapei Ultracare Heavy-Duty Stone, Tile & Grout Cleaner.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Minimal maintenance is required. Mild soaps should be sufficient for most cleaning. Test any cleaners before general use.