Hydraulic pressed cement terrazzo tiles
Color and Texture Variation
Cement terrazzo tiles are rated V4 (heavy variation) / T1 (smooth)
Due to the handmade craftsmanship of many of our tiles and the variety of materials used, there are degrees of variation in our tiles color, shade and texture. These differences are more pronounced in certain types of tiles than others, especially in tiles from separate production lots, or “batches”.
Portland cement, concrete sand, various natural aggregates and mineral pigments for color (organic and inorganic oxides)
- 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm x .95 cm (12" X 12" X 1/2") / 3.04 kg per tile (6.7 lbs)
- 61 cm x 61 cm x 1.6 cm (24” X 24” X 5/8 “) / 14.5kg kg per tile (32 lbs)
- 30.5 cm x 61 cm x 1.6 cm (12” X 24” X ⅝”) / 7.26 kg per tile (16 lbs
Dynamic Coefficient of Friction
“Wet Dynamic Coefficient of Friction” (DCOF) / Average 0.46
(ANSI A137.1 Section 9.6.1)
Abrasiveness (scratch resistance)
No - Interior use only
Water Absorption Test
ASTM C373 - 5% (semi vitreous)
Wet Area Application
Cement terrazzo tiles can be applied in wet areas like a bathroom or shower only if specific waterproofing precautions are taken:
- Cement tiles can be used on shower floors and walls in residential settings only if a waterproofing, penetrating sealer (Miracle Sealants 511 Porous Plus) is used to seal the tiles and grouted areas.
- Single coat re-application of the penetrating sealant is required once a year in shower applications due to the continuous exposure to water.
- when using a waterproofing membrane the moisture in traditional mortars can warp the tile. in this instance we recommend the use of a premium rapid setting mortar.
- To increase DCOF tiles can be grooved or cut down to 4” x 4” (or smaller)
Cement terrazzo tiles are not recommended for submerged use (pools or fountains).
Recommended Installation Areas
Interior floors, walls and wet areas (backsplashes and showers).